Zendesk Search Widget
The Zendesk Search Widget allows you to search your ProProfs documentation from within Zendesk. This feature is a great tool for finding helpful documentation when responding to support tickets.
For example, if a customer submits a support ticket with questions about installing a printer driver, you can quickly search your ProProfs documentation, locate the help topic, then reply with the URL of the help topic in the support ticket response.
- Step 1 - Enable Zendesk in ProProfs
- Step 2 - Add the Widget in Zendesk
- Add the Widget to a Page in Zendesk
- How the Widget Works
ï»¿Step 1 - Enable Zendesk in ProProfs
The first step is to copy a small piece of code from ProProfs.
- Log in to your ProProfs account (as an administrator).
- Click Settings in the toolbar.
- Click Zendesk Integration.
- Check Turn on Zendesk Integration to enable Zendesk Integration.
- The click on the link to go into the old Zendesk.
- Select all text in the Zendesk Search Widget box, then right-click and select Copy.
After you copy the widget code from ProProfs, log in to your Zendesk account.
Step 2 - Add the Widget in Zendesk
- Log in to your Zendesk account, and select Settings > Extensions.
- Select add widget in the right-hand corner.
- From the list of available widgets, select Custom.
- Enter the widget information.
- For the Title, enter "Search ProProfs".
- For Available for, leave this as is.
- In the Content text field, paste the code you copied from ProProfs.
- Select Create widget and then Submit.
ï»¿Add the Widget to a Page in Zendesk
Now that you have installed the Zendesk Search Widget, you will need to add it to a page in Zendesk.
- In Zendesk under Views> My unsolved tickets, select a ticket (it doesn't matter which one).
- Select Edit widgets on this page.
- A list of available widgets will appear. Select Search ProProfs.
The search widget will now appear on the page.
ï»¿How the Widget Works
When you view a ticket in Zendesk, the ticket's title will automatically be passed to the search widget and will return the top ten search results. You can also perform a new search by typing in whatever you want in the search box.
- When you click on a search result, two options will appear.
- Copy link to ticket - This will insert the URL of the help topic into the ticket.
- Open in new window - This will open the URL in a new browser window for you to review.