How to Integrate Azure AD With ProProfs Knowledge Base
This is a step-by-step guide to integrating Azure Active Directory with ProProfs Knowledge Base. To perform this integration, you require:
- An Azure AD subscription. If you don’t have a subscription, you can create a free account.
- ProProfs Knowledge Base account (premium subscription that comes with single sign-on).
Benefits of integrating Azure AD with ProProfs Knowledge Base:
- Manage user access to the Knowledge Base from within Azure AD
- Enable Azure AD users to sign in to ProProfs with a single login
- Manage all your user accounts without leaving the Azure portal
In this article, you’ll learn:
- How to Integrate Azure AD With ProProfs Knowledge Base
- How to Assign Users to an App
- How to Locate Direct Access URL
Step 1. Log in to your Azure AD account and select Enterprise applications under Azure services.
Step 2. Search for ProProfs Knowledge Base. When it appears, click it, and select ‘set up Single Sign-On.’
Step 3. Copy the Thumbprint on a notepad. You’ll require it shortly.
Step 4. Also, copy the Azure AD Identifier (only the part after https://sts.windows.net/).
You’ll require it shortly.
Step 5. Select Users and groups from the left-hand side menu.
Step 6. Click Profile and copy the Object ID under the Identity section. You’ll require it shortly.
Step 7. Now go to your Knowledge Base Settings >> Private Sites.
Step 8. Activate the option Enable SAML and follow the instructions in the screenshot below.
- Copy the Thumbprint here.
- Copy the Azure AD Identifier here.
- Copy the Object ID here.
Finally, click Save. The integration is successful.
Step 1: In the Azure AD portal, select Enterprise applications. Then find and select the application you want to configure.
Step 2: In the left navigation menu, select Users and Groups.
Step 3: Select the Add user button.
Step 4: On the Add Assignment pane, select Users and Groups.
Step 5: Select the user or group you want to assign to the application. You can also start typing the name of the user or group in the search box. You can choose multiple users and groups, and your selections will appear under Selected items.
Step 6: When finished, choose Select.
Step 7: On the Users and Groups pane, select one or more users or groups from the list and then choose the Select button at the bottom of the pane.
Step 8: If the application supports it, you can assign a role to the user or group. On the Add Assignment pane, choose Select Role. Then, on the Select Role pane, choose a role to apply to the selected users or groups, then select OK at the bottom of the pane.
Step 9: On the Add Assignment pane, select the Assign button at the bottom of the pane.
* Object ID is used to identify the master user enabling the SSO. It is for our application purpose
* Users should be available in both KB and Azure.
* Make sure you are entering the correct value in the Knowledgebase.
For more information, click here.
Step 1: Navigate to the Azure Active Directory service in the Azure Portal using https://aad.portal.azure.com.
Step 2: Now click on Enterprise Application in the left navigation.
Step 3: Search for the application in the search bar on the right.
Step 4: Click on the application to go to the application details.
Step 5: Now click on the Properties in the left navigation.
Step 6: You can see the User Access URL link on the right-side page. Copy it and provide that to the user. Doing so will save users from visiting the My Apps page to access the app.
User Access URL link can directly take them to the application and do the SSO.
That is all about integrating Azure AD with ProProfs Knowledge Base.