Post Ticket to ProProfs Widget
The Post to ProProfs Widget allows you to convert a Zendesk support ticket into a new help topic in ProProfs with one simple click. This makes it easy for support representatives to turn support tickets into help topics and knowledgebase articles.
- Step 1 - Enable Zendesk in ProProfs
- Step 2 - Add the Widget in Zendesk
- Add the Widget to a Page in Zendesk
- How the Widget Works
ï»¿Step 1 - Enable Zendesk in ProProfs
The first step is to copy a small piece of code from ProProfs.
- Log in to your ProProfs account (as an administrator).
- Click Settings in the toolbar.
- Click Zendesk Integration.
- Check Turn on Zendesk Integration to enable Zendesk Integration.
- The click on the link to go into the old Zendesk.
- Select all text in the Post to ProProfs Widget box, then right-click and select Copy.
ï»¿Step 2 - Add the Widget in Zendesk
After you copy the widget code from ProProfs, log in to your Zendesk account.
- Log in to your Zendesk account, and select Settings > Extensions.
- Select add widget in the right-hand corner.
- From the list of available widgets, select Custom.
- Enter the widget information.
- For the Title enter "Post to ProProfs".
- For Available for, leave this as is.
- In the Content text field, paste the code you copied from ProProfs.
- Select Create Widget and then Submit
Make sure you change the drop-down menu selection from "Preview widget" to "Create widget."
ï»¿Add the Widget to a Page in Zendesk
Now that you have installed the Post to ProProfs Widget, you will need to add it to a page in Zendesk.
- In Zendesk under Views> My unsolved tickets, select a ticket (it doesn't matter which one).
- Select Edit widgets on this page.
- A list of available widgets will appear. Select Search ProProfs.
The widget will now appear on the page.
ï»¿How the Widget Works
The post widget will allow you to turn a Zendesk support ticket into a help topic in ProProfs.
When viewing a ticket in Zendesk, all you have to do is click Post Ticket. (Clicking Post Ticket will open up a new browser window. Make sure your pop-up blocker is not blocking the window.)
The ticket information will populate in a new ProProfs page where you can edit it. It will copy all the information from the ticket, including signatures, names, comments, phone numbers, etc., so you will want to remove whatever information you don't want to display in ProProfs. You may also want to change the formatting and styles.
Once you are done editing the page, click Save.