- How to Add a Pop-Up to Your Site
- The Code Snippet
- Adding Multiple Pop-Ups to a Web page
- Page Style and CSS
- Updating Content
You can turn any ProProfs page into a browser pop-up.
- Locate the page in ProProfs you want to add to your website or web application.ProProfs you want to add to your website or web application.
- In the toolbar, click Pop-up & Lightbox
- Click on the Pop-Up Window tab.
- Specify the following:
- Width. Enter the width of the browser window. The default is 500 pixels.
- Height. Enter in the height of the browser window. The default is 700 pixels.
- Use https. If your website or web application runs on https:// (SSL) then check this box. This will update the link in the code from http:// to https://
- Test. Clicking the Test button will open the pop-up so you can test it before you copy the code.
The next step is to copy the code snippet from ProProfs and paste it in your website.ProProfs and paste it in your website.
- Right-click inside the input box, and select Copy.
The next step is to add the code to your website. To do this, simply copy and paste the code snippet to your website where you want the pop-up to appear. It will insert a hyperlink to open the pop-up.
If you work with a developer, simply copy the code, and email it to the developer.
Here is an example of the pop-up code in a basic HTML webpage:
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />
After you add the code to your web page, save the web page, and preview it.
We have added these
//comments next to each line to help explain the code snippet
scrollbars=yes // (yes or no) turn the browser scrollbar on or off
toolbar=no // (yes or no) include the web browser's toolbar
width=700 // the width of the web browser window (type the number you want here)
height=500 // the height of the web browser window (type the number you want here)
">View</a> // this is the link name (change this to whatever you want)
Unlike light boxes, there are no special instructions for adding multiple pop-ups to a web page.
The page's style and formatting are defined by your CSS. At this time, you cannot change the style of the pop-up contents.
Once you have added the code snippet to your web page or web application, you do not have to worry about making any updates on your web page. You do not have to copy and paste the code to your pop-up each time you make an update in ProProfs. Any updates you make in ProProfs to a page's content will instantly update the pop-up on your web page. Our goal is to make help content management easy for you.ProProfs. Any updates you make in ProProfs to a page's content will instantly update the pop-up on your web page. Our goal is to make help content management easy for you.