How to Import Data From Zendesk to ProProfs Knowledge Base
ProProfs Knowledge Base is a comprehensive software product to develop a rich online knowledge platform comprising an online knowledge base, user manuals, documentation, & more.
Its underlying technology lets you smoothly migrate data from Zendesk to the ProProfs Knowledge Base.
The easy importing of data allows you to:
Develop an enriching knowledge base by migrating the help articles from your Zendesk Account as they are
Leverage the features of ProProfs Knowledge Base in creating, launching & organizing help articles
Below is an overview of how imported articles from Zendesk will show up in your ProProfs Knowledge Base account:
Here’s how you can import articles from Zendesk:
Step 1: In your ProProfs Knowledge Base account,
Navigate to Settings >> Import Files
Click ‘Import From Zendesk.’ A popup window opens.
Here you will find three fields.
Zendesk Subdomain: This is your Zendesk help site domain. For example, https://yoursubdomain.zendesk.com.
Email: This is the email address associated with your Zendesk account
API token: You can find the Token in the Zendesk settings, as explained below in detail.
Step 2: Log in to your Zendesk account and follow the steps below to gather details to enter into your ProProfs Knowledge Base account,
On the left panel, navigate to Admin >> Channels
- Enable Token Access
- Click Add API Token
- Enter the API token description and copy the API token as mentioned. Click Save.
Step 4: Return to your ProProfs Knowledge Base account,
- Enter the following details in the popup window:
- Click ‘Next.’ On the next page, you will see a list of articles associated with your Zendesk account.
- Click Import to add your article to your ProProfs Knowledge Base account. Once done, you will see the following message.
- You can click ‘View Pages’ to view the newly imported articles. All your imported articles will appear in a folder named ‘Zendesk Import,’ as shown on the left panel.
You have successfully imported files from your Zendesk account to your ProProfs Knowledge Base account.