How to Add, Edit, and Delete a User in the Knowledge Base
In ProProfs Knowledge Base, the admin can add new users and assign them roles, edit details of an existing user, and even delete the one you do not wish to give access to.
Benefits of managing users in ProProfs Knowledge Base:
- Assign different roles to users to handle various tasks
- Combine users doing similar tasks in a group, mark them active/inactive or delete them based on the requirements
In this article, you'll learn:
Step 1: Go to Settings >> User from your ProProfs Knowledge Base dashboard.
Step 2: Click + New User.
Step 3: Fill in the required details, check the sites the new user can access, and click Create at the bottom of the form. A user has been added.
Step 3.1: Alternatively, you can upload users in bulk using a Microsoft Excel file.
Step 3.2: To upload users:
- Download the sample Excel file and add users according to the format.
- Click on 'Browse' to select and upload the excel sheet of users.
- Click on 'Upload' to finish importing the users from the sheet.
Step 1: Under Users, click on a username to edit the details of that user.
Step 2: You can now edit the details such as user credentials, their role, language, time zone, and more.
Step 3: Scroll down to the bottom, and you'll find the option to change the password as well. As a user, you can reset your password here. As an admin, you can reset the password for other users. Once you're done, save.
Step 1: Under Users, click on the delete icon of the user you want to delete.
That is all about adding, editing, & deleting a user in the ProProfs Knowledge Base.